Page 1: General Information and Consent
Moredun Research Institute and the Equine Grass Sickness Fund, with generous support from the British Horse Society, are establishing a nation-wide EGS biobank and database to further critical EGS research.
Questionnaire consent form for owner’s of an EGS case
The Equine Grass Sickness Fund and Moredun Research Institute are joining efforts to fight EGS. In addition to collecting diagnostic samples from affected equines and environmental samples from their associated surroundings, we would greatly appreciate the completion of this EGS case report in the form of an owner’s questionnaire. This will allow us to collect additional information about each equine affected by EGS, as well as its environment and surroundings, to determine and understand the potential risk factors associated with the disease leading to prevention in the future.
You must be over the age of 18 years to take part in this questionnaire. You will need your horse’s microchip number, and dates relating to occurrence of the EGS case and previous deworming history.
- I give consent for the electronic storage of this questionnaire by Moredun Research Institute and the EGSF for a maximum of 20 years.
- All data is collected and stored according to GDPR guidelines and responses will remain completely anonymous. The equine microchip number will only be used by Moredun Research Institute and the EGSF and will not be passed on to any third party.
- Collected data will be analysed for the purpose of EGS research only and may be published in relevant journals.
- Participation is voluntary, can be withdrawn at any point, and there will be no financial benefit from taking part.
- Upon request and at the discretion of the EGSF and Moredun Research Institute, the anonymous dataset might be made available to other EGS researchers.
By continuing and submitting a response to the questionnaire, I have read and understood the above and have given informed consent.
For any further information, comments, concerns, or for an environmental sampling kit for soil and grass collection please contact: Dr Beth Wells, Moredun Research Institute, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Penicuik, Midlothian, EH26 0PZ; email@example.com